lez be real pals, i get really fucking bogged down sometimes. i have recently started to realize that having whimsical experiences and having heart connections with others are coping mechanisms form me and make me feel ‘spiritually rich’ as jessica would say. here are some examples of how i make myself feel better when shit feels hard. this list is really incomplete and will be very different for everyone, but maybe it will get your imagination flowing.
1. light sparklers and drink whiskey in the gnarled garry oaks on an eerie spring night with someone you love
2. bake a pie for someone or a group of people you really care about (preferably strawberry basil) and surprise them with it!
3. share food and love and words with others
3. don’t hang out with people if you don’t want to and try not to apologize for finding large group hangouts where only small talk is possible insufferable and shallow. invite only blanket forts are more my speed.
4. MAKE YOURSELF A BAKED DIP OF ANY KIND (you will never, ever regret this) and watch some fantasy movies (if you’ve never seen legend, start there)
5. dress up in fun outfits and go play outside. don’t be afraid of your imagination.
6. take pleasure in the beauty of nature and get as close to it as you can. i like to bird watch, or lie back and look at the clouds. i like to watch sunsets and splash in puddles and smell flowers.
7. adorn yourself with as many sparkly things as possible, take excessive vanity shots or just enjoy the way you look on your own
8. say the things that you are grateful for about yourself, your body, your loved ones out loud or write them down.
SPARKS NOTES: food, nature, love, rhinestones
Spring Fever has sprung.
Tired of drunk weirdos at bars. I fear I am at the age where everyone I would find interesting is taken (as in engaged/married/practically married).
if you give Joe spiky black anime hair and a leather jacket and some tattoos he looks like the guy I dated for a couple months last summer. Straight up.
Remember when everyone used to bash Meg White for being a shitty drummer? Despite the fact she was the perfect drummer for that group. You know how many shitty (like real shitty) dude drummers came out during that garage/blues rock boom of the 00s? Never heard a peep about how boring the drummer of The Vines was or The Hives. At least Meg White had some fucking style and knew exactly how to play the song.
So many friends of friends have been dying.
It’s so sad to see.
I keep saying I will go and never do. I want to buy some bones and fur. I wanna eat some corn on the cob. I wanna stand around a fire pit.